New Interview of Dakota with MujerHoy

by - 4:42 AM



She grew up in a family of actors and they all have had significant careers in film. Do you feel you are starting your own career? 
Dakota Johnson:  It's a start. I decided to follow the footsteps of my parents and they felt concerned, because they wanted me to establish my own identity within the business. I tried to get good roles where I am judged only by my performance.

C. Did your parents help launch your career as an actress? 
DJ: I'm very grateful to have the support of my family. I think I inherited, among other things, the strong character of my grandmother (Tippi Hedren) and my mother. But I've also learned a lot from my father and my stepfather.

C. Has it been very hard this year, being at the center of media interest? 
DJ: My parents have taught me to take a safe distance from all that is written about me and never let it affect me. I try to keep quiet.

C. Are films like Black Mass and A Bigger Splash projects something you are seeking to evolve as an actress? 
DJ: It's not every day you have the opportunity to work with actors like Johnny Depp, Tilda Swinton and Ralph Fiennes. They are people that you're going to learn a lot from, you will help to become better at what you do. I am also very fortunate to collaborate with directors like Scott Cooper, with whom I had always wanted to work because I love his work. I was also moved by the idea of being with Luca Guadagnino, who believed in me, and we got very good atmosphere on the set of A Bigger Splash.

C. What was passing through the Venice Film Festival like, where both films were presented? 
DJ: I was really overwhelmed by the architecture of the city. I would have liked to have spent more time walking around Venice. But the atmosphere is amazing and made ​​me think that one day I would make a period film and try to imagine what life was like in the sixteenth century, for example.

C. A Bigger Splash and obviously in 50 Shades of Grey, you were naked. You seem to be quite relaxed in those scenes. 
DJ: I've never had trouble undressing before the camera, because it's part of my job. I've always been comfortable with my body, I use it to express myself and to play the characters that I have to give life to. My parents were very open and helped me to feel comfortable when it came to how I saw myself and in my appearance issues. I think it helps if you have a good picture of yourself. It is essential to be comfortable when you roll those scenes, provided they are not gratuitous or distasteful.

C. In Black Mass, you play a woman who tries to do everything possible to deal with life, with a vicious mobster husband while caring for your child. How did you approach the character? 
DJ: I saw her as a woman who is in a difficult situation, you want to give your child a healthy family life, although she is aware that he may enter the life of the father, a man linked to crime organized. She knows what is right and wrong and what you would like for your child. Tries to instill values, but it is very complicated with the parent who he has: a very energetic and charismatic man who teaches him it's okay to hit people if you do something wrong.

C. It was interesting to be part of a great crime story like this? 
DJ: I was fascinated by the way in which these people were considered outside the law and enjoy the challenge of breaking the law and defying authority. Although they are criminals, they are strong characters, with very distinct personalities and their own sense of values in life. What makes this job really interesting, from my point of view, it is that the women in the film are very strong. They stood in front of men with such strong characters and were an important part of history.

C. What attracts a woman to a man like Whitey Bulger, a mobster who has this terrible dark side? 
DJ: Men like that, with a very powerful personality, you have women who are attracted because they are very strong and very charismatic. Those are two qualities that can be very attractive.

C. Would you like Dakota Johnson, ever be attracted by someone like Whitey Bulger? 
DJ: (laughs) No, I'd rather be with someone who was very nice and friendly with me. With whom you can have fun in life.

C. You had some very intense scenes in Black Mass. There is one in particular, with Johnny Depp, who will surprise the public and will give much to talk about. How was that experience, being next to Depp? 
DJ: The scenes were very difficult because they are very intense emotionally. They are the kind of moments that you really want as an actor. But if you worry about being convincing in such scenes. When I read the script I knew it would be a very powerful and intense moment. But Johnny is so big and so good that it he is a luxury to work with. It makes everything much easier. So that the public will fall when you see the film, I talk about the scenes in which Whitey shows a side of himself that he would never show to anyone but her.

C. What can you tell us about your role in A Bigger Splash?
 DJ: I play a young girl who is in the process of discovering her sexuality. Penelope is very intelligent, but has a strange connection to the world around her and tries to know herself through a sexuality that is still not too clear. She does not know who, however, has the ability to manipulate others and play with the emotions of people. She has a twisted side and thinks it's fun to stir things up. Penelope is at a point in your life where you're playing with different ideas of what is and who you want to be. It's a girl, somehow, still in the process to become a woman.

C. Let's look at some of these tattoos Penelope have that Dakota has in real life. 
DJ: I decided not to hide, because Penelope, like me, also brings repentance of past decisions that can not be changed now. When I was very young, I did not realize how precious my body was. In this story, Penelope is not yet aware of how precious certain things in life are and how other things you do can have permanent consequences. Tattoos are a way to play with that idea.

C. It could also enjoy the tranquility that roll on the field when they moved to Sicily. (Not entirely sure on translation)
DJ: I spent summers at the family home in Aspen, Colorado. I have so many fond memories of that time in my life ... Especially every Christmas, wonderful, where the whole family gathered there. Sicily is obviously a very different place, but it feels like you are in a very isolated environment and life is much more relaxed and simple. I was impressed by the beauty of the landscape.

C. You have said in the past that you would like to live in your own ranch sometime in the future. 
DJ: I'd love to be able to settle down and raise my children in Colorado or a similar place. I grew up surrounded by animals and want to raise a lot of animals the way my grandmother did, though perhaps not the lions and tigers that she still has. I'd settle for keeping horses and pigs (smiles).

C. How was it working with an Italian director to shoot the film in Sicily? 
DJ: It was strange because I entered the film quite late and did not have much time to start my interpretation of the role as I would have liked. Luca and I had some amazing conversations about it. Penelope does not have enough life experience to understand everything that she is trying to assimilate. Either to fit in with the adults around who have that and that, in turn, they have a lot of complex issues circumscribed. I tried to compare myself with Penelope and had some interesting similarities.

C. What were they? 
DJ: (Laughter) I won't confess! That I'm keeping for me, for my privacy.

Source

You May Also Like

0 comments